CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

I almost Forgot!!



Garrett and I had been planning on getting married, in fact, we had thought that we wanted to try and elope for 1/1/11... We don't have a lot of money, and don't have plans for having a lot of money for rings or a wedding, so while we were out finishing the last few things Christmas Eve, I pulled him into Penney's with him to show him a CZ ring that was for like $20. If we were going to elope, we HAD to have a ring of some sort to symbolize our love and marriage. He did not like the idea of cheap rings, he thought it was tacky. I was actually getting irritated with him because he wanted to get married, but didn't wanna spend $20 on a stupid ring. He had gone to pick up a gift earlier in the day, which made me think it was a ring, but I didn't know for sure. I kept begging for him to tell me, but he wouldn't. When I started pouting about the $20 ring, he kept telling me "your really gonna regret pouting later tonight" When I asked if he had gotten a ring, he said No. So I was bummed. Then I got over it and we headed to my moms for Christmas Eve dinner.
As I earlier posted, we ate, and then did the Nativity story. I wanted to play the piano for the music, but my mom insisted that Garrett and I be Mary and Joseph... We finished the unorganized play, and at the end I went to walk over to Kaden to help him find his gifts and Garrett grabbed me by the arm and wouldn't let go. I tried leaving a couple times and he finally got the ring "unstuck" from his pocket and went down on a knee-in front of the entire family. He then then popped the question, and even though I had suspected it, I really had no clue that he had gotten me a beautiful ring, 1 of 3 that we had looked at a couple weeks ago. I was so shocked! I was even more shocked that he had already called my mom and my dad, and my older sister, and all his friends knew about it. I was the only one not in the 'loop'. I am just glad that it was a surprise, because all I found all my Christmas gifts a few weeks ago!! So now its official, we are ENGAGED!! And no, its not gonna happen on 1/1/11 but hopefully sometime in late January or February!


2 comments: