CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J-E-L-L-O


So for those of you that knew my Grandpa Chris, you know that he was a popcorn LOVER!!! He would make the most buttery, caramely, and gooey popcorn! He also loved to make Jello popcorn, which was always fun as a different treat! I got a wild hair to make some of grandpas popcorn tonight.


You start off my air popping some popcorn...I usually just do one cup that comes with the air popper. :)

Then, you add 1 C. light Karo syrup
1/2. White sugar. (even tho I think grandpa would use a cup)
1 small pkg any flavor gelatin. (Kaden picked out Orange)
Then you bring to a boil, and boil for 3-5 minutes depending on chewiness desired. (The longer it cooks, the chewier it is but you want the jello and sugar to dissolve completely).

Pour over popcorn and mix very well.

Kaden wanted to make popcorn balls and triangles, so we did that today! It was a lot of fun, and he is such a good helper!

And here are a few of our balls, and our 1 triangle! :) My favorite flavor is Raspberry. I think it has the best tart/sweetness to it, but Kaden wanted Orange and Lime. Funny thing is, he hasn't really even eaten any yet!

1 comment: