CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's almost birthday time!

So Kaden's birthday is 6 days away, and rather than buying a birthday cake I decided to make one. Mostly because he wanted scooby doo and Albertson's didn't have one. They told me that if I wanted, I could buy a cake topper or a figurine and they would decorate a cake to go with it. So while I was shopping around for cake figures, I found a cake that I liked that I think would really be of minimal effort. So this is going to be my first experience of decorating a cake, other than just some frosting.

Isn't this the cutest thing ever? Of course, this is just the pic and I don't have the artistic ability to create a Scooby Doo out of Modeling chocolate, so i did buy a cake topper from Amazon.com and hopefully it arrives on time. I'm thinking that I will make the cake Saturday and freeze them so they are easier to frost Sunday morning. I don't know why, but I think I am more excited for his birthday than he is. All he cares about is having cake. He keeps telling me that he is getting recipes for birthday cake and frosting! Ha ha, I think I must do a little too much googling when he is around... I am pretty excited. Wish me luck! I will for sure post pics of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment