CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wah Wah Wah


So Kaden had been a good boy today while I was cleaning my house...he stayed out of the way and played really well with his legos. So I gave him a dollar. He wanted to go buy a push pop. Ya know, the sucker candy that you can push out of the plastic container? I was alright with this since I wanted to rent a movie at redbox, so we took a little walk down the street to Walgreens.


We found the push pops, and right above it was a giant Lollipop. I am talking the round, multi colored, as big as your head lollipops. And to top it off, it was exactly a $1. So I thought sure... I double checked with him to make sure it was what he really wanted, and in the back of my mind I contemplated buying the push pop as well just in case he changes his mind.

As we were crossing the street in a bit of a hurry, the lollipop started to wiggle in his hand. It was then that he decided it was too big, and now he wanted the smaller push pop. I knew it.

There was a part of me that wanted so badly to turn around and get him that push pop because he had been good all day, but then the other part was telling me that I spoil him too much and I need to teach him a lesson. So I decided to teach him a lesson. He learned a lesson about being greedy...he chose the big lollipop because it was bigger. But bigger isn't always better. He has been crying now for thirty minutes, begging to get a push pop. He has thrown his lollipop in the garbage, gotten it back out(I know it sounds gross, but my garbage was basically empty), licked it a few times, threw it on the ground, broke it, then eaten it again.

I really did want to make sure he was a happy boy all day because he was so helpful, but when do we, as parents, draw the line? I felt that I was already giving him a treat, and that he was becoming undeserving of this sugary deliciousness. Am I just teaching him that he can get a treat everytime he throws a fit? I hope not, and thats why he got stuck with the lollipop.














No comments:

Post a Comment